This project is read-only.

Getting Raw Message

Topics: Feature Requests
Dec 30, 2013 at 7:21 PM
Is there a way to access the raw message? You've done a beautiful job of unpacking all the different message parts but for the application I am working on I need a fairly raw version of the message - ideally the full text of the original email. I can possibly recreate from the parsed parts but ideally there would be a way to retrieve the message without parsing,

Thanks in advance and sorry for all the questions, but I'm making good progress and the library seems well designed.

Darren
Coordinator
Jan 1, 2014 at 3:24 PM
Hi Darren,

to get the raw message, you can use the Message.ToEml() method. However, in this case, the message data will be built from the downloaded parts, which will not be the original. For better performance and usability, I will add a new method to download the raw message directly. The update will be available shortly.

Best regards,

Pavel
Coordinator
Jan 8, 2014 at 8:31 AM
Good day,

I added the Message.DownloadRawMessage method. Please check the latest source code in the repository.

Greets,

Pavel
Jan 8, 2014 at 1:04 PM
how to download this update..I have to download the DLL files or what..
Jan 8, 2014 at 1:07 PM
Edited Jan 8, 2014 at 1:08 PM
As Pavel has indicated, download the latest source code and build the assembly locally. The DLLs represent officially released versions. Versions are released after Pavel has had the time to test his changes.

--Ravi
Coordinator
Jan 8, 2014 at 6:40 PM
Thank you Ravi!
It's exactly as you have said.
Feb 7, 2014 at 11:15 PM
And a belated thanks for this, I'm using it and it appears to be working nicely! I just ported some old pop code over to imapx and it has gone really smoothly, thanks!

Darren
Coordinator
Feb 8, 2014 at 12:22 PM
You're welcome!