Embedded images

Topics: Issues
Nov 19, 2013 at 7:03 PM
I have a particular email that has embedded images and the images are not displaying in the email. They do display in gmail and they do show when i test another imap library. When I debug, the attachments are empty however in the other library I am testing the images show up as attachments. When I look at the html source from the email it has cid:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx then the email body. In the other .net library it has cid:xxxxxxxxxxx then the binary of the image.
Am I doing something stupid :-)? How do I display embedded images?

Thanks for your help
Coordinator
Nov 19, 2013 at 10:33 PM
Hi jmeyer5,

the embedded images can be accessed through the EmbeddedResources property of a Message. I separated it from the usual attachments.
You can also take a look at the sample application, it has some demonstration of working with embedded images, such as downloading them on request.

Best regards,

Pavel
Nov 19, 2013 at 10:47 PM
hey pavel
wow thanks for the fast response it is much appreciated.
actually your sample app doesnt show the images :-). that is why i started poking around. is there a specific example i need to look into?
i would be happy to forward you my message and you can see what i am talking about. it is simply a msg from one of my kids school.
the images are supposed to display inline

thanks again
jeff
Coordinator
Nov 20, 2013 at 1:36 PM
Hey Jeff,

hm, the sample application should display a green bar with a link to download the embedded images. However, the images might be not recognized correctly, see issue 1803.

An update fixing this issue is coming soon, so I'd ask you to be patient, so we can see if the problems with your messages are solved through this.

Greets,

Pavel
Coordinator
Dec 9, 2013 at 7:53 AM
Good day,

please check if the problem still persists, I updated the code in the repository.
Dec 27, 2013 at 5:42 AM
the problem does still exist. i get the email from my sons school weekly with the embedded images and they do not show up.
however they do in gmail and they do with another imap library i am testing.
thanks for the response
jeff