This project is read-only.

ImapX and OAuth2 with GMail

Feb 27, 2013 at 4:04 PM
All the examples I have found seem to be using a username/password. I need to connect to Gmail and collect emails using an AuthorizationKey - got that.

Anybody know if it is to use IMapX to connect to GMail with OAuth rather than a username/password pair.
Coordinator
Feb 28, 2013 at 10:29 AM
Hello paulsc,

ImapX cannot authorize on GMail using OAuth, as it's the first time I hear it's possible. But think it's a great feature to add in the next release. I'll check on more information on this.

Thank you for the question.

Best regards,

Pavel Azanov
Mar 26, 2013 at 9:16 PM
Hi

I was wondering what the progress was on implementing OAuth2 from GMail IMAP?

Cheers,
Rupert.
Coordinator
Mar 27, 2013 at 12:22 PM
Edited Apr 11, 2013 at 1:21 PM
Hi Rupert,

this feature is nearly finished, so you will be able to use it in the coming version of the library, that will be released on the 15th April.

Best regards,

Pavel Azanov
Apr 9, 2013 at 6:24 PM
Awesome, I am nearly ready to start implementing my project so the timing for this is just right!

Thanks,
Rupert
Coordinator
Apr 15, 2013 at 12:07 AM
Edited Apr 15, 2013 at 12:07 AM
Hi, Rupert and paulsc

you can check the latest source code in the repository, i updated the library with OAuth2 support. The sample application now also contains code for authenticating through OAuth2 on GMail.

If you have any suggestions or questions, let me know.

The binaries in the download section will be updated after I finish some refactoring (see: https://imapx.codeplex.com/workitem/1515)

Best regards,

Pavel Azanov