ImapX in VB.Net

Topics: Feature Requests
Feb 19, 2013 at 9:26 AM
Hi,

After downloading and enjoying very much your IMAPX 2
I translated and changed your IMAP example into a Visual Basic net example.
It is fully working for gmail.
It workst for imap, from all imap maps I can read the mail
with the exception of the INBOX, the INBOX is found but I can not see\load the mail from it.

I like others to have my VB example and source, but I have no website, may I upload same to you and leave it for you to yes or no make it available to others.

Gerard
Coordinator
Feb 19, 2013 at 8:33 PM
Hello GerardAlkap,

thank you for the post, really glad to hear you translated the sample application to VB.Net. I think it's a good idea to provide it for everybody, so you're welcome to send it to p13a92@googlemail.com, so I can add it to the project.

To your question about the INBOX: Can you provide more information on your environment? I have no problems reading mails from the inbox of my GMail account.

Best regards,

Pavel Azanov
Feb 20, 2013 at 7:42 PM
Hello Pavel,

The ImapX2 VB example has been sent to you to day.
I hope it will help a lot of people.

About my other question:
Sorry I was not very clear in my message.
I have not a problem reading and getting any gmail folder or message.
The problem is with the setting

imap.myprovider.nl
port 143
No encrytion
mypassword

With above I can find all folders
I can read all messages from all folders except the INBOX folder
While there are messages in the INBOX folder, i cannot get the messages.

Best Regards
Gerard
Coordinator
Feb 21, 2013 at 8:16 AM
Hello Gerard,

i did not receive the project yet.

Back to your question: it's really hard to say what the problem is, without a possibility to test it. I'd ask you to send some test credentials to my e-mail, so I can take a closer look and provide a fix for your provider.

Currently I'm working on a new release for the library, trying to provide better feedback on all errors that may occure when fetching the mails.

--Pavel
Feb 25, 2013 at 9:14 AM
Hi Pavel,

My imap problem is solved.
First I had a pop account, later I made an imap account,
as a result I had 2 INBOX ses, and tried all the time the pop one, which had no mails in it.
Now I am using the imap one and it works fine.

About the VB sample project, I am now going to make it also working with the webbrowser,
same as the CS sample.

Best regards
Gerard
Coordinator
Feb 25, 2013 at 2:48 PM
Hi Gerard!

nice to hear your problem is solved now. I received the files you sent me, but didn't have much time to view them yet. I plan to release the complete source for ImapX and the sample in VB, based on the code you sent me, including some corrections from my side. The release is planned for the end of this week.

Best regards,

Pavel
Feb 4, 2014 at 9:14 AM
please send me the vb.net code to sureshbarathan@gmail.com; b_esak@hotmail.com
Coordinator
Feb 8, 2014 at 10:34 AM
Hi sureshbarathan,

currently there's no VB.Net code for the latest version of ImapX. I'm working on translating the sample application, will upload the code next week.

Greets,

Pavel
Coordinator
Feb 8, 2014 at 10:31 PM
I added the VB.Net sample application to latest code in the repository.