When ever I try to refresh the inbox I get errors

Topics: Help requests, Issues
Sep 30, 2015 at 7:55 PM
Edited Oct 2, 2015 at 9:57 PM
On some messages I get this error: IMAPX222 NO Some messages could not be FETCHed (Failure)

With other messages the body is blank.

A few will have the body. I believe these are messages which were viewed and their for had their bodies downloaded

Even If I disconnect and reconnect the errors persist. I must close the app and restart to get the inbox working fully. What is wrong?

I created a refresh button that in part executes the below code, and subsequently repopulates the listview.

VB CODE:

For Each imapFolder In Client.Folders
    imapFolder.Messages.Download(, MessageFetchMode.Minimal)
Next
Is this the best way to do this?
Oct 2, 2015 at 10:12 PM
Edited Oct 2, 2015 at 10:12 PM
I am now getting this error - IMAPX8 BAD UID FETCH not allowed now.

I would appreciate any help.

Thank you
Oct 2, 2015 at 10:19 PM
Edited Oct 2, 2015 at 10:38 PM
I was using this configuration
        IMAP.Behavior.FolderTreeBrowseMode = FolderTreeBrowseMode.Full
        IMAP.Behavior.AutoPopulateFolderMessages = True
I just added this
        IMAP.Behavior.AutoDownloadBodyOnAccess = True
I view a few messages in the inbox, then changed folder and viewed messages from important.
When I switch back to the Inbox and select a message, I then get the following error.

IMAPX68 NO Some messages could not be FETCHed (Failure)

other times I get the below but no body
IMAPX155 OK UID FETCH completed
Coordinator
Oct 8, 2015 at 1:02 PM
Hi RGEN,

can you give me more details about the server you are connecting to? You seem to have some restrictions, or some IMAP commands are not supported.

Greets,

Pavel
Oct 8, 2015 at 7:35 PM
First, Thank You for getting back to me. The work I'm doing with IMAPX is very important to me.
I really appreciate your help.

I'm testing with both gmail and yahoo. These issue occur with both.
Oct 10, 2015 at 11:26 AM
I have stoped useing AutoPopulateFolderMessages and AutoDownloadBodyOnAccess, and instead I'm downloading the folder contents for a given folder just before it is populated to a listview. Things seem to be working now.
Oct 10, 2015 at 12:01 PM
Edited Oct 10, 2015 at 12:02 PM
I decided to try imapFolder.Messages.Download(MessageFetchMode.Minimal), instead of basic or full, when I load the folders and then execute the below code each time a message is selected in the listview.

If isNothing(Message.body) then Message.Download(MessageFetchMode.body)

This was a failure, the intermittent blank messages returned. I am forced to conclude that messages must be downloaded using, imapFolder.Messages.Download(), and that Message.Download() and AutoDownloadBodyOnAccess are buggy.