This project is read-only.

can't move message to newly created folder without reconnecting client

Topics: Help requests, Issues
Aug 21, 2014 at 3:57 AM
Edited Aug 21, 2014 at 4:00 AM
When connected and creating a new folder, it is not possible to move a message to the new folder without disconnecting the client and reconnecting.

The following code sequence is where I try to programmatically create a folder under the Inbox and then move the message:
//get handle to folder
Folder successFolder = imapFolder.SubFolders[successMoveTo];
// if doesn't exist
 if (successFolder == null )
{
//create it
successFolder = client.Folders.Inbox.SubFolders.Add(successMoveTo);
}

//move message to the target folder
msg.MoveTo(successFolder);

Also, if I try and crete a folder at the client level (next to Inbox), the folder is not visible, although the api does find it programmatically. Is there any way to make the fodler visible ?

Thanks in advance,

CC
Sep 1, 2014 at 10:59 AM
Hi c_corso,

the behavior you described is strange, have you tried the same using the sample application? You can create subfolders by right clicking on a folder in the treeview on the left, and move messages there right clicking the message.

I will make some checks on this and fix the issue if it is one. Can you provide me with some more details on which server you're using?

Greets,

Pavel
Sep 1, 2014 at 11:01 AM

Absolutely,

It is happening on Exchange 2007, 2010

CC

Christian Corso
Sr. Project Manager / Managing Partner
Elementum Technologies
6655 West Sahara Suite B200
Las Vegas, NV 89146
http://www.elementumtech.com

This electronic mail message contains Information that (a) is or may be LEGALLY PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL, PROPRIETARY IN NATURE, OR OTHERWISE PROTECTED BY LAW FROM DISCLOSURE, and (b) is intended only for the use of the Addressee(s) named herein. If you are not the intended recipient, an addressee, or the person responsible for delivering this to an addressee, you are hereby notified that reading, using, copying, or distributing any part of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail message in error, please contact us immediately and take the steps necessary to delete the message completely from your computer system.