Cannot access folders in Domino

Topics: Issues
Jan 28, 2014 at 9:35 AM
I am able to connect successfully to domino using :
ImapClient client = new ImapClient(CommonConstants.hostName, CommonConstants.port, SslProtocols.None, false);
client.Login(CommonConstants.userName, CommonConstants.password)

But my problem is that all the folders are null and I cannot access any of the emails in the mailbox.

If I run in debug mode and look under the client folders I see an exception:
client.folders threw an exception of type 'System.NullReferenceException'

Any suggestions about what could be going wrong?
Coordinator
Jan 28, 2014 at 3:47 PM
Edited Jan 28, 2014 at 4:12 PM
Hi notyouremail,

is there a way to provide me wit some test credentials? You can send them to p13a92@gmail.com .

I can tell for sure that the server respone containing the folder list is not getting parsed, which ends in a NullReferenceException later, but I need to see the detailed server response.

If it's not possible, I will provide you with a special sample application to collect the logs.

Greets,

Pavel
Jul 28, 2014 at 1:58 PM
Hey there,
is there already a solution for the problem with the Domino Server?

Greets,
XGRDMEI
Coordinator
Jul 29, 2014 at 11:00 AM
Hi XGRDMEI,

there was no fix for this issue yet as I don't have a Domino server on which i can test this issue. If you help me in one of this ways:
  • Provide some test credentials
  • Create a log file as described in the documentation
then I can make a fast fix as soon as I have tested what the problem is. You can send the credentials or the log file to info@imapx.org

Greets,

Pavel
Coordinator
Jul 30, 2014 at 10:36 PM
Hi XGRDMEI,

take a look at the latest source code in the repository, I made an update for the folder structure parsing methods. (See https://imapx.codeplex.com/workitem/2368).

Let me know if the issue still persists.

Greets,

Pavel
Dec 3, 2014 at 11:18 AM
Geting the same issue. with domino

Server responce: "* LIST (\HasNoChildren) \"\\" Archive"
Folder.Parse(data[i], ref parent, this); returns null
Apr 27, 2015 at 12:12 PM
Hey,

i had the same problem with Domino servers, i solved my problem by changing the FolderParse-Regex on source-code. Maybe that helps.
public static readonly Regex FolderParseRex = new Regex(@".*\((\\.*){0,}\)\s[""]?(.|[NIL]{3}|\\\\)[""]?\s[""]?([^""]*)[""]?", RegexOptions.IgnoreCase);