This project is read-only.

Read only the body

May 24, 2013 at 1:18 PM
Greetings,

I'm using the ImapX and I like it, but before that, I used another library to read emails, and what I've learned is that if I want to read an email, I have to download it and then read it.
But if I want to read only the body of the message I have to download the from address, the subject, the body, the date of the message, the attachments, the Cc address, and if the email mesage has an attachment of 10MB, I have to wait that the attachment gets downloaded in order to let me read the body.
The question is: is there a way to fetch only a piece of the message (example: only the body) without having to download the whole email?

Thank you in advance, have a nice day.
May 25, 2013 at 9:27 AM
Hi blackpyro,

thank you for your message.

The feature you're talking about is quite urgent, as many users request it. Currently I'm working on providing a beta-release of the library, completely refactored and with LINQ support, so you can filter the messages on the server side, and choose which parts to download, simply using the Select statement.

This beta-release is planned within the next two weeks.

Would be great if you could test this new feature as the beta is out!

Best regards,

Pavel Azanov
Jun 20, 2013 at 10:11 AM
Greetings pavel_azanov,

is there a new version of the library with this issue resolved, or it's not released yet?
Jun 25, 2013 at 8:14 AM
Good day blackpyro!

I'm sorry for the delay, been busy with my daily work the last two weeks. It takes some more time to release the new version. I'll keep you up-to-date about the progress. The next days I'll update the source code with some fixes.

Kind regards,

Pavel Azanov