This project is read-only.

Attachment file name

Nov 13, 2012 at 11:25 AM

I have an issue with some attachments from outlook. ImapX is not able to parse their name correctly and I have to "fix" it myself. Attachment name is filled with the real filename but it also contains date & time of last file access/modification/creation together wit few "s.

ParseHelper.DecodeName is not able to parse the string correctly and returns it "unchanged"

 

Kind Regards

Martin Fontan

Nov 13, 2012 at 1:16 PM

Good day!

Thank you for your feedback.

None of the users experienced this issue before, and to figure out a solution I'll need the message you have problems with.

Can you please send a sample message to p13a92@googlemail.com? I'll test it and fix the issue as soon as possible.

Nov 13, 2012 at 4:22 PM

hello

done.  i have sent you also "eml" file in case that "forwarded" message will work fine...

Nov 13, 2012 at 5:22 PM

ok, just received your message, is just a minor bug, will fix it tomorrow and let you know

Nov 14, 2012 at 12:20 PM

I tried fixing the bug you reported, but couldn't simulate same situation as you described, even after importing the *.eml file into my GMail account.

Please look if the problem is fixed now, otherwise, I'd ask you to export a message to file using the method ExportForReport of the Message object and send it to me. The file contains the serialized message object, including the body parts, the content type, transfer encoding, the xmailer field and the subject.

I didn't update the binaries in the download section, please use the repo to get the latest version.

Oct 11, 2013 at 6:50 AM
I have the same problem with attachmments from outlook. ImapX returns nulls values for FileName! Image

thanks!
Alejandro Haro